Carnegie Telephone takes steps to protect against COVID-19
At Carnegie Telephone, we value the health and safety of our customers above all else, which is why we are closely monitoring events concerning COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are fortunate that, as of yet, our area has had no reported cases of COVID-19. But it is still important for all of us to do our part to prevent the spread of the virus.
While taking protective measures may not prevent people from getting the virus, it can help reduce the number of patients our health care system must treat in a short period of time. As the graph below shows, taking measures to protect against COVID-19 can spread the number of cases across a longer period, ensuring that health care providers have the resources to help everyone who needs it.
With that in mind, Carnegie Telephone is taking the following steps, in accordance with CDC guidelines, to protect both our employees and our customers.
- Carnegie Telephone employees who feel sick are being instructed to stay home.
- We have directed members of our staff who can work from home to do so in rotating shifts, to eliminate all of our staff being in the same place at the same time.
- We have suspended any physical interactions with customers at least until April 1, 2020. We will not be scheduling installations, providing in-house tech support, or installing any new services during this time that require our physical presence in a customer’s home or office. We will still support our customers over-the-phone and via Facetime, Skype, etc., to ensure their use of our network and services continues without problems.
- We will continue to maintain our network at the highest state of readiness. We will continue to conduct maintenance, repairs, and other essential tasks to keep our services running at full capacity.
- We will be providing additional disinfectant products to employees in the office and posting additional reminders for employees to wash their hands often.
- We will deep-clean and disinfect our offices daily to minimize the spread of any virus or infectious agent.
- All employees are asked to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them.
Carnegie Telephone also offers a variety of online services to help you pay your bill and conduct other business with us from home. In addition, we encourage all of our customers to take similar steps to protect themselves and their families:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people where possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough, or use the inside of your elbow.
- If you are sick, wear a face mask around other people. If you are not sick or caring for someone who is, you do not need a face mask, and they should be saved for caregivers.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, handles, phones and keyboards daily.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and explore further measures to support our customers and the community as needed. Follow us on social media for updates and visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov for more information about COVID-19.